sugamama still had no idea what he was saying
I FORGOT THIS EXISTED HOLY SHIT
short list of actors who have not won an oscar:
- james dean
- johnny depp
- brad pitt
- helena bonham carter
- robert downey jr
- glenn close
- will smith
- samuel l jackson
- liam neeson
- sigourney weaver
- tom cruise
- julianne moore
- ralph fiennes
- laura linney
- ed harris
- gary oldman
now will you please for the love of christ shut up about leonardo dicaprio
Well, you know…shit.
why would you pay someone for 26-51 weeks for doing nothing
you have a very, very odd definition of “doing nothing”.
Living as a woman in the USA in a nutshell:
- If you don’t have sex, you’re a prude and a bitch.
- If you have sex outside of marriage and use birth control to avoid getting pregnant, you’re a slut (whether you’ve had sex twice every day or twice in a year).
- If you have sex outside of marriage, but don’t use protection and get pregnant, you’re a slut AND you’re stupid
- If you’re single and get an abortion because you can’t afford to take time off work to push a baby the size of a melon out of your cooch, you’re a slut, stupid, AND a murderer.
- If you’re single but don’t get an abortion, but need extra governmental help to assist in raising your child you were pressured to keep because of someone else’s moral code, you’re a slut, stupid, a leech on the back of society, AND shit out of luck.
AND THE HOOOOME OF THEEEEE BRAAAAAVE
And if you’re married and have a baby, apparently raising that child is “doing nothing” and you don’t deserve to be paid maternity leave but if you don’t want to have children with your spouse or can’t have children, you “aren’t doing your duty as a wife”/”aren’t a real woman”
like nah fuck outta here.
You really can’t fucking win with some people
North Korea gives mothers paid leave. North Korea. NORTH KOREA. NORTH KOREA!!!!And America doesn’t!
It’s not that you can’t get it, there just isn’t a federal law requiring it. I haven’t worked at or heard of a single place that doesn’t offer maternity leave, but it is up to the private company.
Don’t like it? Write to your congressman, don’t be a consumer at businesses who DON’T offer maternity leave. Blogging about it won’t help though
^this. All that means is that there is no federal law requiring it. it’s up to your employer to offer such benefits. My mom got 6 months paid leave working as a dietitian in NY. Just don’t be upset/surprised if working the register at starbucks doesn’t get you paid maternity leave… *cue argument about the workforce and eduction*
Why shouldn’t folks be upset that this support is denied to those who need it most? Why shouldn’t folks be upset or surprised that the U.S., for all its wealth, doesn’t see fit to offer basic protections offered by damn near every other government in the world?